Friday, October 23, 2009

Optimal Vision

Recently I purchased a pair of reading glasses. Words just are not as clear as they used to be. Not sure, but maybe that’s a sign of age. The salesperson at Sunglass Hut began to tell me, in detail, how to take care of the glasses. Because the glasses are wire frames, she told me how to hold them, and she convinced me of the need for cleaner and a cloth. Finally, I was on my way with these brand new glasses. Why did she go through all of this? Because she explained to me that, for optimal vision, you have to regularly care for and clean your lenses. Glasses have a way of picking up dirt, grime, and tiny particles which can obscure vision.

I hope the following thoughts will encourage you and challenge you to see what God wants you to do as a valuable part of His family: Cleaning your personal lenses is accomplished by answering questions like, “Why on earth am I here?… Why do I do what I do when it comes to my faith?… Where was I before I met Christ?… Where am I now with Christ?… Where am I going in Christ?… These questions need to be asked all the time because they help us clean our life lenses; they challenge us in our faithfulness to God.

You are not just a church goer or religious person. You are not Baptist, Methodist, Assembly of God -- you get the picture. YOU ARE A CHRIST FOLLOWER. God wants you to have optimal vision about why you are here, who you are, and what your life is all about. This blog could go on and on, so let me wrap it up with this: You are here to love God. You are here to grow a dynamic relationship with God. You are here on a mission to go tell others about a great God.

You may have had committed plans for God that did not work out like you planned. Let me encourage you to clean your lenses so you can regain optimal vision and be faithful to His design for you.

No comments: