Saturday, October 10, 2009

Never Give Up...

Here is an encouraging thought: "Whatever God starts, He finishes." Have you asked yourself, "Where did I even get the faith to explore about God or even consider Him as someone who I would want to entrust my life"? The faith in your heart came and was deposited there by God Himself. So whatever God starts in your life, He will finish. He that has started this faith in you will continue to empower you to develop it to completion.

That is why I want to encourage you to NEVER GIVE UP. All through God’s Word, it is apparent that life is described like a marathon, not a sprint race. Unfortunately, we find many people who get discouraged, who get distracted, who get hurt, and who get sidelined and never actually finish this life race how God designed. We give up. A life full of dreams and potential goes unfulfilled.

I want these thoughts to help you as they have helped me. I want you to know you don’t have to give up -- that what God has started in you, He will keep working on it to completion. With just a few adjustments to life, it will keep us moving forward with God by faith.

Here are the adjustments that I believe will keep you in the race going forward:

  • Remove anything that gets in your way and keeps you from running this race.
  • Keep the reward God has for your faithfulness in your sights.
  • Resist discouragement. Remember discouragement is a choice.
  • Recharge your spiritual batteries (faith) daily.
  • Make it your prayer, your priority, and your passion by telling God, our father, "I want to finish this race, and with your Holy Spirit, I will not give up!"

No comments: