Friday, April 17, 2009

WOW!!!

I want to share with you a quick thought that I hope creates a big relief when it comes to your walk and your developing relationship with Christ. Let’s talk about GRACE. You may have the head knowledge - “It’s God’s gift to me. I know I don’t work my way into heaven. It’s just a gift.” You may have this knowledge of God’s grace in your life but, to be truthful, most people don’t live like they have this knowledge.

In fact, you may continually think that God disapproves of you. Even though you know you’re not saved by your efforts, you find yourself constantly trying to please God. You find yourself going throughout your day wondering, “Is God mad at me today?” Or, you wonder, “Is God ticked off at me because of what I did yesterday?” Some people have this view that God is this parent they’re unable to please. “It's not good enough. Can’t you do any better?” It's like the parent who always has the tense look on their face thinking “Come on! Step up! Get your act together. When are you going to start doing it right?” Ok, get the picture? Who really wants to get to know a guy who is always critical and who you can never please? THIS IS NOT GRACE.

There are many, many definitions or word descriptions of the word “grace.” Grace has many different sizes and shapes. No one definition could adequately describe it. Below, I will attempt to give you a few:

Grace is God’s love in action.
Grace is when God gives us what we need, not what we deserve.
Grace is something we cannot pay or repay for, but God gives it to us anyway.
Grace is the face that God wears when He looks at our failures, our faults, and our mistakes.

Romans 3:24 says, “All need to be made right with God.” How? “By His grace which is a free gift...through Jesus Christ.” This is best gift you will be offered. You will never be offered a better gift.

Accept it, open it, enjoy it.

No comments: