Friday, March 20, 2009

Take a Look...

Over the past years, I have read about and heard the talk about how the way you see yourself determines to a large degree the way you act and react in life -- that your self worth and your self esteem tend to be a governing factor in life.

If you see yourself as a loser then you’ll end up, to a large degree, acting like a loser. If you see yourself as a victim, you tend to let people victimize you. Bottom line is you set yourself up. On the other hand, if you see yourself as being successful, then you tend to follow the new path of success rather than the snares of the old way of living.

Did you know that thousands of years ago Solomon said, “As a man thinks in his heart so is he.” You see, the Bible was right on and is clear that your beliefs do determine your behaviors.

Check out what the Bible says about you, the Christ follower. You have been chosen by God… You belong to God… You are living stones… You are a holy people… You have received mercy… You no longer walk in darkness… OK, now look at this in everyday language. If I have trusted Christ, then I am accepted… I am valuable… I am capable… I am competent… I am forgivable.

Take a look at your life through the eyes of Christ and allow your life to influence and impact the world you live in -- the power of one life living out how God sees you.

No comments: