Friday, February 27, 2009

Living in the Zone!

You may have a heard this statement if you are a sports fan or an athlete, “He or she is in the zone!” On a golf course it is the golfer who is making consecutive birdies. The basketball player who just can’t miss. The baseball player who has a consecutive hitting streak, etc… Another term we sometimes say or hear, “I am hitting on all cylinders!” or “Life is on a roll!” What does it really mean to be IN THE ZONE… HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS… ON A ROLL?

It is simply living at a level that is distinguished from the norm. It is a contrast to the ordinary. Our incredible and awesome God – and this is going to shock some of you – our great God wants all of us to live in the zone. He desperately desires each of us to operate in the sweet spot of life. God wants all of us hitting on all cylinders. Every one of these buzz statements simply means God wants us to live in the place where we experience His success every day!

With that being said, this blog could get long and wordy if I were to go into detail regarding this truth. I want to invite you to our website (www.celebratechurch.org/media) to download or listen to our current series of messages entitled “THE BLESSED LIFE!” And I want to invite you to join me at Celebrate this Sunday as I conclude this series with a message I am very excited about that I am calling, “LIVING IN THE ZONE.” So, if you truly want to live in the zone, then join me on Sunday at Celebrate!

See you there!

- Pastor Joe

No comments: