Friday, August 13, 2010

My Thought Life...

“Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.” Proverbs 4:23

The Bible says our thoughts influence our lives. For instance . . .

Your Insight Influences Your Situation. It's not what happens to me that matters as much as how I choose to see it. The way I react will determine whether the circumstance makes me better or bitter. I can view everything as an obstacle or an opportunity for growth -- a stumbling block or a stepping stone.

Your Beliefs Influence Your Behavior. We always act according to our beliefs, even when those ideas are false. For instance, as a child, if you believed a shadow in your bedroom at night was a monster, your body reacted in fear (adrenaline and jitters) even though it wasn't true. That's why it's so important to make sure you are operating on true information! Your convictions about yourself, about life, and about God influence your conduct.

Your Self-Talk Influences Your Self-Esteem. We constantly talk to ourselves. Do you run yourself down with your self-talk? Stop doing that! Proverbs 23:7 says, "As he thinks in his heart, so is he."

No comments: