Friday, February 26, 2010

Beauty Not A Beast

For three days at a conference, I absorbed some of the most incredible teachings on Grace I have ever heard. The love I already had for a beautiful world without Christ increased even more. In Matthew 10:5 Jesus said go to lost, confused people… touch the untouchables. You have been treated generously, so live generously.

Rather than seeing the world as the beast, Jesus saw the beauty of the world. Rather than seeing the sin of people, He saw the beauty of people, which prompted Him to want humanity as His bride. Jesus saw the beauty of humanity crippled by sin, broken and lonely, spiritually destitute and emotionally desperate, facing an eternal divorce sentence from God. Yet, to the contrary God is all about reconciliation, restoration, and healing.

Let’s be honest, there are many times when all we see is the beast side of people. Last thing we want to do is admit that people are beautiful and share with them how much God loves and values them.

I came away from this conference having received so much more than I could possibly ever give. I came away with a new burden for those who are hurting -- those it would be easier to turn away from than to turn toward -- holding God’s love and mercy in my hands. I have a new freedom, which means I also have a new responsibility to be God with skin on in my home, in my ministry, and in my daily life. I pray God uses us all to look for and reach out to those who seem to be unlovable -- those broken people who wait, longing for hope, love and healing.

No comments: